[AT] MF 255 power steering

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 13:11:17 PDT 2016

My MF 255 is one of the later models with the AD236 Diesel, but I don't know if that matters on the power steering parts.

It has always been hard to steer at slow RPM after it gets warm, it was usable, but now it's getting worse.  I've had it several years, when I got it, the inlet screen in the power steering pump was damaged, so not straining anything, I replaced it the screen at that time and put in mostly new fluid, I'm sure some was left in the system I didn't get out.
I've found a new pump for less that I could get the tractor hauled to the dealer.  What are the odds that a new pump will fix it?  Anyone care to venture a guess?

Len Rugen

rugenl at yahoo.com