[AT] OT Cadillac Northstar engine - Now OT clay soil?

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Sun Oct 2 02:18:28 PDT 2016

I would talk to a geological engineer. The companies that do the work
know how to do some type of work, but not what is right. Unless someone
who knows how dirt acts looks at the specific soil there we can only
guess as to what is right. Both options you give work for something. The
right engineer has probably been to the neighborhood already so he can
probably give you cheap advice just by giving you a copy of a report he
already has done.

I knew I geological engineer who became a house builder. For 30 years he
built houses by digging a basement and building on that. One day in a
new development he picked up a handful of dirt, looked at it and stopped
construction and brought in pile drivers. 2 years latter his houses
where the only ones in the neighborhood without major foundation issues.
(and soon afterwards that city had new codes on foundations)

--
  Henry Miller
  hank at millerfarm.com