[AT] synthetic oil - gas versus diesel trucks

Thomas O Mehrkam tmehrkam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 20 09:28:18 PST 2016

The V10 and be augmented by programming also. When I first got mine I
had problem not breaking the rear tires loose on takeoff.  Way too much
power.  I discovered that it had a diablo chip installed in the engine
computer.  Removed it and it went back to stock programing.  Just right
for me.

I do not like the rattle and turbo lag of most diesels. I will put up
with it on a large truck but I do not want that in my every day driver.
Of course the newer are or were getting better and better before the EPA
got hold of them. They seem to be getting more expensive to maintain
with lower fuel mileage and less reliability than they use to have.
Maybe that will turn around and the engineers gain experience.