[Farmall] practically new 140

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Nov 26 14:32:33 PST 2016

Lord knows I don't need a 140. They are so common here you can't spit
without hitting one, well if you include Super A's, 100's and 130's (not
to mention Cubs). Dad has 2 Super A's and a Cub. My cousin next door has
2 140's (he only has about 1/4 acre of garden). The next house is
another cousin--he has a Super A with belly mower and a Cub with sickle
mower.  I have another cousin that has one of the last 140's built, it
has from the factory, a Super A oil pan with plugs where the petcocks
went--he bought it new. Dad remembers getting in whole semi loads of
140's and putting them in a warehouse so they would have plenty of
stock. Hey when tobacco was king of the Southeast, 140's were under
every farm shed.

Grant, when you have a minute, post a pic of the cultivator on your 140,
curious as to what is different. I know at one time there were short and
long arm models. What are you dong with it, I thought you used 2 row
exclusively (Oliver I believe)? If I remember right you are a tall
fellow---I imagine you hate the steering wheel on a 140, think all of
them were big. We actually switched one over to a Super A steering setup
for a big fellow not too many years back.

John Hall