[Farmall] m

Robert Johnson johnson_rob at bigpond.com
Fri Nov 25 13:27:10 PST 2016

We had a belt driven saw with a moving table on the front of an  M , used
for cutting firewood.
I used the M for ploughing too , with a 3PL  plough  and that added weight
out front really helped get some traction.
My wife and I used to cut the wood out the front of our farmhouse , by the
side of the road.
We used to get lots of toots , I'd bring up the logs , my wife would take
the sawn piece , and throw it on the stack.
A funny story.
My youngest daughter , who is now serving in the M.E. bought a new boyfriend
home , on a "woodcutting day".
She asked him to take over from her mother on the saw , and he was hopeless.
We never saw him again.
We asked our daughter why , she said any bloke that can't saw wood is no
good to her !.
Regards Rob J.