[AT] Should I choose the ARPS(?) or the Servis Little-Rhino?

Scott Williams swillia5 at rochester.rr.com
Tue Nov 22 10:17:11 PST 2016

These old back blades are selling for the same price, I'm not sure which one
I should get for my MF135 (about 40-45hp.)  The first one is, I believe, an
old ARPS unit (1950s? or earlier?), which has a very nice weldment for the
blade, but I've seen the tubular frame welded and braced on these in a lot
of pictures (and I see some welds on this one.)  The Servis Little-Rhino is
late-60's or 70's, has a stamped 5/16 blade, but is rated for "up to 55HP".
I like the serious-looking blade of the ARPS, but the tube frame seems to be
lacking.  The Servis frame looks sturdy enough, and perhaps more versatile,
but is the blade as strong?  The frame pivots may be more worn out, too,
hard to tell.

If this is really an ARPS, does anyone know the model?  Or is it something
else?  I only found catalogs from the late 50's and 60's, and nothing like
this.  But ARPS is the only name I've seen associated with these online.

I like both of them far more than the standard "Tractor Supply" blades I
mostly see around here, for more money.

Scott in Penfield NY