[AT] synthetic oil - gas versus diesel trucks

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Nov 22 09:03:30 PST 2016

Dennis,  A friend and fellow trucker stuffed a *V92TT in a mid 70's Brockway
tractor.
I saw stuffed because it required some sheet metal mods to get the hood
closed.
He had Roadranger RTO 125 13 behind it.  He could get on down the road!
I drove a similar Brockway with a 8V 71 with the same transmission.  My top
speed
was 86 mph unloaded and about 75 or so loaded at 80,000 lbs.  Fast for the
time
unless you were on I-95 when the Florida produce boys were headed to the NY
market on
Thursday night.  They'd turn your hat around when they passed you.  Pete's
and KW's running
600 Cummins and similar set ups.