[AT] synthetic oil - gas versus diesel trucks

Scott Williams swillia5 at rochester.rr.com
Sun Nov 20 00:02:38 PST 2016

>From what I've heard, it wouldn't take much to make a 5.9 Cummins "fun" like
a V10.  Of course, it probably wouldn't take much to make a fun V10 into a
CRAZY FUN V10, so I can see your point, stock for stock.  Diesel truck
engines are becoming like the "small block Chevy" engines of olden days,
with simple mods giving big power, while it is not so easy to do that with
the modern gas engines.  I guess the last 10 years may have changed that
some, with all the new equipment they've added to diesels - I don't know if
they are as easy to "turn up the fuel" as they were.  Nor would I
necessarily want that if I had one.  I LOVE the sound and low-end grunt of a
diesel.  Heck, I love the Perkins in my MF135!

Scott in Penfield NY