[AT] synthetic oil

pga2 at BasicISP.net pga2 at BasicISP.net
Tue Nov 15 19:29:15 PST 2016

I think you've reached the same conclusion I did several years ago.
I mentioned to the sales manager at the Ford dealer that I was very
interested in getting a diesel F-250 and he flatly stated that "If
you need it to tow or haul heavy loads, fine. If you're only going
to need that a few days a year, you're wasting your money". His
main focus was on maintenance costs and the initial outlay for the
diesel which is substantial when compared with a gas truck. I agreed
and bought the gas F-150 I drive today.

Phil in TX

--- vschwartz1 at comcast.net wrote:

From: vschwartz1 at comcast.net
To: Antique <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Subject: Re: [AT] synthetic oil
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 02:43:35 +0000 (UTC)

I want to thank everyone who has commented on this thread. It has been a most interesting subject and all comments have been very enlightening. At my age I have only thought about buying a diesel engine pickup and this subject of conversation has helped make up my mind. It seems as though buying a diesel engine is like buying trouble unless you really need it for work, I don't. Initial cost of a diesel never came into the conversation but I know something about the initial cost and normal maintenance costs after the warranty expires. I think I'll just drive my 04 Hemi a while longer. It has done very well and the overhead on it is miniscule.
Thanks to everyone for their comments and information.
Gil