[AT] Synthetic Oil

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Mon Nov 14 19:51:51 PST 2016

Steve,

I finally got an engine monitor on my EcoDiesel that runs from the OBD port. It shows turbo inlet air temperature. I try to remember to get it below 400 F before I shut it down, but sometimes I am in a hurry and miss the cool down. It sometimes takes 2 minutes to get down below 400 F when I come off of the highway. If it is just a short drive down the street between house and toy shed, it takes a minute or less.

Wish I had some better target numbers for what turbo inlet temperatures should be under various conditions. With my foot in it, I can easily go over 1000 F, but I try not to do that. Without the monitor you have no clue what the temps are. Highway cruising on level ground runs 500 to 800 F depending on speed, etc. If anyone has some idea of normal temps I would be interested in seeing them.

With 11 liters of oil, I am not seeing any quick change in oil temperature.

Dennis

Sent from my iPad