[AT] Synthetic Oil

Dave rotigel at me.com
Sun Nov 13 09:33:41 PST 2016

Hi Dick, I would think that synthetic oil has not been used in any of the engines you list, except perhaps the Husky. If so, I don’t think it would be any better than 10W/40. From what I’ve been told/taught over the years (beginning way back when multi-“weight” oil was first being used by more and more people) the 10 indicates that the oil would be about the consistency straight 10 “weight” when cold and the consistency of straight 40 “weight” oil when it get’s hot. That’s probably over simplified, but at least I did/do understand it—which is worth a lot!
	Dave
PS, You might want to ask the Husky dealer WHY you should use synthetic in that engine.
PPS, You might also take a look at http://blog.briggsandstratton.com/synthetic-vs-conventional-oil-what-do-i-use-in-my-small-4-cycle-engine/ <http://blog.briggsandstratton.com/synthetic-vs-conventional-oil-what-do-i-use-in-my-small-4-cycle-engine/>