[AT] Synthetic Oil

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sun Nov 13 05:00:14 PST 2016

Similar story--at work we were warned by the machine manufacturer NOT to
use synthetic cutting fluid in their machines as it would deteriorate
the seals. So maybe synthetic oil can do the same to older engines,
assuming gasket and seal technology has changed.

I've only got synthetic in my son's 4 wheeler--thats what the PO was
using. Aside from that its 30WHD, 30W low-ash, or 10W-40 in everything
here. Of course we don't have to deal with very cold temps like some of
you guys, thats a game changer.

John Hall