[AT] LED lighting

Dave Johnson webguydave at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 13:06:51 PDT 2016

Being a general contractor ( in the same California neck of the woods as Grant) I do primarily bath and kitchen renovations .By code I cannot install old style bulbs but CFL/led's are required- in fact, one city northward of me now REQUIRES LEDs!
That said, I've had no complaints at all about color shifts or longevity, using 4/5/6" "conversion " units for recessed can lights. And they work pretty well on a dimmer designed for LEDs...
These are off the shelf units from Home Depot, btw..
One of the slickest applications I've run across is low voltage led's mounted on a strip, with the chips spaced about 3" apart..you just cut the strip to the right length, and being self adhesive, glue in place ! Great for under can or display cabinets, though not dim-able.
I have bought a couple of headlamps for a tractor off eBay but have yet to install them- based on previous comments it will be interesting to see how those fare...
Best
Dave in Gilsons, Ca
Sent from my iPhone