[AT] Cub problem

Bo Hinch bohinch at gmail.com
Fri May 13 06:15:54 PDT 2016

Several years ago a distance friend was having trouble with a ford 2000
that was a real problem as it started in early winter and while putting out
hay would always act up about the time he had to drive thur a bad spot and
some times would bog down as the tractor would run so bad . He had the
carburetor rebuilt and it seamed to help ( for a little while) , and then
got worse again . He bought a NEW carburetor , installed it and still had
the same problem . I went and checked it early one cold ( 38*) morning and
first thing I checked was the POINTS . The platinum had become unsoldered
and was just floating around and not making good contact . Replace both
points and condenser which solved his problems . A lot of money was spent
for nothing because of misdiagnosis . Live and Learn .