[AT] After 10 years it still runs

Tyler Juranek tylerpolkaman at gmail.com
Mon May 30 10:43:14 PDT 2016

Hi Dean and Henry,
 I have a bond like that with my grandfather on the Juranek side.
Great Grandpa had a John Deere a which I still have, and then he also
had Olivers.
 A few years ago, grandpa said that I could have the Oliver 88 that he
taught me how to drive in 2013 or so. Although it now needs all new
gaskets in the rear end, and a seal between the engine and rear end, I
had an agreement with him that the only reason I'd sell it is if my
family was starving.

 Grandpa now has talked about selling all of his Olivers. One of which
is an Oliver 66 that has probably been at his place since Dad was a
senior in high school. My grandma drove it, so did dad, and now I
drive it when I go there. Grandpa has used it to run an 8 inch auger
for many years. So I told him that if he ever sells the 66, I hope
that his FAVORITE grandson is first on the list at the dealership...
 Lol.
 I always tell him that I want to make sure that that 66 stays in the
family after he is gone.
 I think he likes that idea...
 Thanks again for both of your stories.
 Take Care,