[AT] Field bindweed or morning glory

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Thu May 26 08:58:30 PDT 2016

Cecil Bearden wrote:
> Anyone have a magic bullet for field bindweed or Morning Glory?  I baled
> some hay back during the drought a few years ago and brought the blasted
> stuff into my fields.   I am trying to get the most pasture off my wheat
> after I cut it for hay and the bindweed just keeps growing.  Between the
> bindweed and the Musk Thistles, I can't afford to keep spraying.  The
> wet cool spring has given the weeds a real boost.
>
> Cecil in OKla

There is a mite that you could try. Other than that spray is about the
only solution. Unless you can get a belly scraper in there and strip to
below the roots, then burn it out of the dirt. It will grow back from
any fragments left, seeds, rhizomes, stems, roots. It digs in like a
politician...

--
Steve W.