[AT] Proof God does not love haymakers

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Thu May 26 06:26:29 PDT 2016

Antique tractor reference: I never leave my tractor out in the rain, but I did this morning. :-(

Weather radar snapshot from my phone.  Blue circle indicates my farm location.   This batch of rain was completely unpredicted by weather.com, the local weather folks, and anyone else who claims to be an expert.  I'm sitting there going "what is the sound i am hearing?". And then you get that sinking feeling when you realize what it is :-)

Fortunately it happened within the first 24 hours after cutting. Feeding it to ruminating animals (which alpacas are) after a  touch of rain in the first 24 hours after cutting is not that big a deal.  Rain later in the drying cycle is more of a problem.   I can tedd this out and get it to dry without any appreciable level of mold. It is definitely ruined for horses now though. I will be not be able to sell my surplus.