[AT] Replacement disc blades

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 07:24:59 PDT 2016

I'm down to 1 "spare" disc blade for my IH 37.  It looks like it had 18" 1 1/4" raised flat center disks, which I can't seem to find.

I'm guessing the normal concave disks wouldn't work?  I'm wondering if I have clearance for 20" disks?  It seems another 1" radius would clear.

The rear disks are only worn a little, a little over 17 1/2.  The front blades are down to about 16 1/2, it cuts OK, but I'm working recently cleared ground that has some stumps.  Even being careful, if you happen to be turning a little when you hit a stump, it's a lot of stress on a disk blade.  The front blades have a leverage disadvantage trying to lift the disk to clear an obstacle.

I always save the old discs, the outer ones are broken more than the rest, I like to run a little smaller disk on the outside rear so it leaves a shallower furrow at the field edge.
 Any ideas where to get replacements?  Maybe it's just the wrong season and the 18" are out of stock.

Len Rugen

rugenl at yahoo.com