[AT] Need help with newer compact tractor

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Sun May 22 17:33:10 PDT 2016

Funny you should say that Cecil, my daily driver is a 2010 Chevy 1500
6.2 gasser. I usually run 5/30 Mobil 1 Synthetic  in it and have since
it was new to me with 45,000 miles on it. It now has 88,000 miles on it
and needed the oil changed. I do it myself because everything is really
easy to get to . This time however I went with Pennzoil 5/30 regular
oil, because it was on sale. I had knee surgery on Monday, so my wife
has had to drive me around. Now when it's cold and I get in the
passenger side I hear what appears to be a rod knock or piston slap, not
bad, but enough that I noticed. I'm just wondering if it's always been
there, and I've never heard it because I was in the cab when I started
it, or if it's new because of the oil. I've never had any problem with
Pennzoil in fact my small engines love the stuff.

Mike M