[AT] Need help with newer compact tractor

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Sat May 21 08:43:45 PDT 2016

Thanks for the input Cecil, it is a power shuttle, not a true
hydro-static. I can shuttle between forward and reverse in the same gear
and range without clutching.

Steve that is the exact fluid I put in the tractor, and it had the
viscosity of motor oil. I know it's on the bottom of the cost spectrum,
but my tractor is not exactly high tech. It may be worth it to dump the
TSC fluid and refill with a good quality brand name fluid. It only calls
for a fluid change at 100 hrs and then every 1000 after that. Looking at
the cost of the tractor I probably shouldn't have scrimped on the fluid,
but the manual gave a list of brands and also said, "or any other fluid
that meets specs".  I tried to find the Shell Donax, which by the way is
no longer called Donax, but Spirax. I called Shell and asked for some
local distributors. They gave me 3 names, and no one even heard of it
let alone carried it.

The tractor is under warranty and the service guys are great, but they
are a little stumped on this one, they are not sure why the hydraulic
oil is getting hot enough to fry the seals, at least in the power
steering box.

What about a quality oil like Hy-Tran Ultra? pricey, but I believe it is
good stuff?

Regards,

Mike M