[AT] Help with Ingersoll compressor

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon May 16 08:00:45 PDT 2016

I need some help with the Gyro Flo Vane compressor I bought last week to
sandblast and clean out my old baler.  I thought one of you guys had
some experience with these..  The pressure is too high and it is bowing
the relief valve.  It runs as high as 185-190 psi. Ingersoll Gyro Flo
was bought by Doosan in NC in 2007..    A lot of information is just non
existent and none of the "experts online" can give any real help.   Most
of these online "experts just say that the unit is not worth repairing
and to buy a new one.    I could not even afford a 10 year old one with
1/2 the output of this one!!!    There is just no diagnosis ability
anymore.   The mechanics that are coming out of the trade schools have
no idea how to repair anything.  They just change parts.   The
manufacturers don't give out service literature anymore, they get a
fortune for it, so ther is not a lot floating around out there.  I blame
a lot of this B.S. on plain old GREED, and the other on not having high
school shop classes anymore.

On another note, we now have to pay for all those "smart" innovations on
the new cars and trucks due to the new drivers not paying attention to
their driving, their smartphone needs to be looked at 59 minutes an
hour.  Maybe just maybe if we put Drivers education back in the high
schools, the new drivers would have some idea how to safely drive...
If someone was not paying attention back when we were driving in H.S.
the "coach" would stomp on the brake ( in a safe area) and your nose
would hit the steering wheel!!  He then would tell the driver and the
rest of the passengers what would have happened if the driver had
continued...

Now they drive like they are playing a video game....

Rant off...   I am just so frustrated with trying to get an operating
compressor so I can go back to work.   The Sullair and the Leroi both
need that blasted Ford 140 OHC engine overhauled.
My problem now is I don't have budget, help, time, and physical ability
to get things done now...

Cecil in OKla