[AT] Worthington Compressor info needed

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Wed May 11 08:06:29 PDT 2016

Cecil,

I looked a little on the Internet, and found one 25 HP electric Monorotor sold auction for about $125, and another trailer mounted 4 cylinder gas unit on a trailer sold for about $1150 or so. This trailer unit looks like a portable unit used for running jack hammers and such. I looked at other websites and did not find much for parts.

The main item on these are the vanes. You need some source for getting or making replacement vanes. Other bearings and stuff you can probably get from a supply house. Generally the vane compressors can be rebuilt by pulling and end cover, CLEANING, and then replacing the vanes. Sometimes the vanes are spring loaded, and other times there are no springs. If you have one good blade, you might be able to custom make blades for it if you could purchase some slightly larger blades for another unit and cut them down. In my experience, once a blade starts to fail, the failed pieces will hit the other blades and destroy all of the vanes within a few seconds.

One important thing with vane compressors is your need constant air movement though them to keep the unit cool. Stop the air flow and you fry the unit. I have designed some simple external un loaders to keep air moving when the discharge is stopped for some reason. This unit might have some internal unloader built in, but be sure it works before you do much with it.

Normally vane units are popular for lower pressure high flow air systems, like vacuum trucks and air slide tankers for powers and frac sand, etc.

Thanks,
Dennis

Sent from my iPad