[AT] woods belt #

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed May 11 07:54:33 PDT 2016

Allis Chalmers had a lot of those special belts for the Gleaner
combine..  They were a length not available at a Power trans supplier.
I had a bunch of them from a sellout of a Gleaner dealer.  Too bad they
burned up when a grass fire got into my storage van..    Recently I was
rebuilding my New Holland round Baler.  The slip clutch on the drive
rollers in the front was pitted very badly.  I inspected a new disc at
the dealer to see what the thickness of the original was.  New Holland
wanted $128 each for the 2 discs....    I measured the discs and matched
them up with a disc from a Krone mower and bought 4 for $85 including
shipping.    The difference is the New Holland discs have a steel center
while the aftermarket are a woven fiber. They serve the same purpose........

Cecil in OKla