[AT] a new relic!

rlgoss at twc.com rlgoss at twc.com
Mon Mar 7 18:21:53 PST 2016

This thread made me think back to when we did our own feed grinding on an IH hammermill.  We had three screens for various sizes. I don't remember what the smaller two sizes were, but the largest was 3/4". We used that one to convert corncobs into mulch for the hen house. It came out about the size of Vermiculite.  It was really amazing because the mill grinds things so much finer than the size of holes in the screens.  NOISY!  We ran ours with a John Deere model L.  That's only 9 horsepower, but it was plenty to pull the mill. Dad vented the  top of the cyclone out a slot in the eaves so it cut down the amount of dust in the barn.

Larry