[AT] Engine Cleaner

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 11:51:04 PDT 2016

If there is a garage in the are that would "steam clean" an engine, ask them what it would cost. I don't think any homeowner alternative works as well, and if you go to a car wash, you can damage hot engine parts washing them.  I used to have access to a "steam cleaner" that was steam powered, but had a drum of diluted soap that it mixed it, it was great.  It was hot enough that it softened the dirt and things dried pretty quickly.
Since then, I've got a Y washer hookup so I can connect hot and cold hose bibs to a single hose, then I can run warm water thru my regular pressure washer.  I just mix dilute Dawn dish shop in a 1 gal hand sprayer, spray the soap first, let it set, then wash as best as I can.  Simple Green works, I've used Bug and Tar spray on really bad stuff.

Len Rugen

rugenl at yahoo.com