[AT] Bad grease fitting

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 3 15:58:50 PST 2016

 They all lived happily ever after :-)
First, someone probably tried to tell me this, and I missed it, but 1/8 NPT fittings ARE the big ones, and my bad one, the small ones are 1/4-28.  Sigh.....
I knew last night I didn't have the right tap, so I got what I needed today, the helpful hardware store had their zerks properly labeled, so I verified the thread size.

Like I'd planned, I ground off the old zerk tit, drilled a #3 hole, and tapped 1/4-28.  The new fitting started easily, tightened and took grease like it should.

Ready for another 100 hours :-)
Thanks

Len Rugen

rugenl at yahoo.com