[AT] test

Alan Nadeau ajnadeau1 at myfairpoint.net
Thu Mar 3 06:02:34 PST 2016

I had the same problem with the K-532 in my JD 400 garden tractor.  Same
symptoms, would run fine for a few minutes then skip/cutout/backfire/die.  I
chased ignition issues for quite a while I tried blowing back through the
fuel line (by mouth).  Nothing, put the compressed air through it and VOILA,
ran fine for a quite a while then started doing it again.  That time I took
the tank off, major project as it is under the fender pan.  Turned out that
there was enough accumulated grit in the tank to completely block the fuel
screen.  On some of the 400 tanks the outlet is threaded way big and bushed
down to whatever the valve is threaded, like maybe from 3/8 pipe to 1/4"
pipe.  That created a little sump at the inlet which was filled completely
with fine grit.  I removed the valve, which was just about impossible to
access, and used a hose fitting in it's place, then added an inline valve
and a separate, inline filter.  Problem has never returned so I must have
diagnosed it right.