[AT] OT- Briggs and Stratton valve clearance

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 03:05:40 PDT 2016

Let's see... is it safe to assume it was running fine when you loaned it
out?  Then the throttle plate fell off, so it ran full WOT and the governor
couldn't do a thing about it.  It must have over-revved seriously.  Now
what we know is that the intake valve is not closing fully.  This sounds
like it could have something to do with a broken valve spring.

SO