[AT] I'll bet somebody here knows,,,,,,,,,,,

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Fri Jun 10 18:47:24 PDT 2016

I don't know about other than JD antique tractors but the all Fuel versions
wouldn't skip a beat and I suspect even the gas versions of any brand from
the 30's and 40's wouldn't either. None were very high compression engines,
even the gas versions. In fact some JD collectors recommend putting a cup of
diesel fuel in the gas to do the upper combustion chamber lubrication that
lead used to do.   I am unable to see how you could get into trouble, or
create trouble for anyone else buy just burning this mixed fuel off in Lawn
and Garden and old antique tractors.  I know the old JD Two Cylinder "All
Fuel" tractors would run on just about anything, Distillate, Diesel Fuel,
Kerosene, Furnace oil, on and on.  It wouldn't surprise me if a heavy oil,
gas mix would work. Very low compression, low RPM, long burn cycle engine.
Supposedly if one is planning to run continually on unleaded gas, hardened
valve seats are needed. There are very few of us that work our antique
tractors very hard for long periods of time.   I suspect there are sources
of pollutant that far exceed that which would be generated burning off this
odd mix of fuel. I burned off 20 gallons worth and the neighbors and all the
animals in the neighborhood are still alive.  :-)  I didn't worry about it
because I honestly believe  any added air pollution was insignificant. A
non-event IMHO.

Dean VP
Snohomish, WA 98290

It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.