[AT] tractor oils maintenance?

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Wed Jun 8 18:50:03 PDT 2016

Dean, I wouldn't worry too much about hours, even with using your
tractor around the farm like you do, I doubt you'll actually run it
enough hours to change it in a years time. That being said, I suspect
the way you are using is similar to how I use mine. Sometimes when I'm
mowing it will run for hours and get nice and hot, other (many) times it
gets started, runs for 10-20 minutes and gets shut off. That is actually
harder on the oil than running for long periods of time under heavy
load. If the oil doesn't get good and hot, it doesn't burn off the
impurities like fuel and moisture. I would go with an annual change, and
not worry about the hours. I like to do mine in the fall after a good
heavy run, that way all the contaminants come out with the oil, and
don't settle over the winter.

Mike M