[AT] Hay baling picture

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Jun 29 12:16:20 PDT 2016

You might have seen it before but here is an up to date photo from this
morning when I baled a few hay bales with the Cockshutt 50.
I'd planned to use the 40 but the 15 year old battery seemed a little
too weak to start so the 50 was the next candidate.
It worked ok but I'd forgotten how weak the pto clutch is. Very little
snap to it. Lucky I did not have any heavy swaths to put through
the baler. I didn't notice any slippage. Guess I need to remove the pto
and take a shim out to tighten up the clutch.
Been a while since this tractor did any pto work. Normally all I use it
for is on the hammer mill, belt work, a few times a year.

Ralph in Sask.