[AT] 2 row corn picker

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Sat Jun 25 18:12:37 PDT 2016

Mike, we are not quite that bad yet but getting there soon. The year
started dry and I had to plant corn and soybeans deeper than I wanted
which caused some not to come up but not too bad overall. I planted
black beans June 11 , 4 days after a half inch rain. I would have
planted the next day but had to wait for co-op to spray and then had to
work the spray in which caused me to lose a lot of moisture. Because of
this I had to plant an inch deeper than normal. Luckily it waited a few
days and we got just under an inch and a half about 10 days ago.
Fortunately , it didn't come too hard and it stayed cool and overcast
for a few days so the ground didn't crust and the beans were only a
couple of days from coming up when it rained. As of today, the crops
look real good but 2 or 3 more days of this heat (mid to upper 80's) and
we will be in trouble. In answer to your question: at the present time
we are not as bad off as you are but that could change soon. Where I am
it is the same as you; the rain goes either north or south. Not that we
needed it, but when we got the inch and a half, three miles north of me
got 4 inches and 10 miles south got I don't how much but a guy that
lived there said for quite a while it rained so hard you couldn't see to
drive.
               Greg Hass
                                                P. S.  The stand of
black beans is almost perfect so now we just need good weather and rain.