[AT] more old balers

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Jun 18 10:39:13 PDT 2016

I guess this is kind of on topic since these are 40+ years old.

Went today to look at a 273 New Holland baler. Not too bad but mighty
rusty, been sitting outside. Price is a little high if you ask me. Next
stop I looked at a 282 New Holland--big son of a gun. My understanding
is it has a larger bale chamber and is supposedly a big capacity baler.
Has hydraulic bale tensioner--never seen one around here. Also has close
together pick-up fingers. Its shed kept, off of a dairy farm. Hasn't
been ran in 20 years or so, alttle rusty from sitting. Anything I should
watch out for on the 282?

John Hall