[AT] Plow question

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Jun 16 13:45:44 PDT 2016

Greg,  this is just a history lesson, not really relevant to the discussion
but A-C made some semi-mounted plows and harrows that would lift
the entire plow or harrow based on load sensing.  They had a hydraulic
cylinder that was controlled by the traction booster and a tail wheel on
the plow or side wheels on the disc that rocked up and down powered by
the hydraulics.  It accomplished two things.  It controlled draft and also
served to transfer weight to the rear of the tractor to increase traction,
thus
the name "traction booster".  I had the pleasure of running a traction
booster
tractor new in the late 50's.  The system worked fantastically well and was
pleasure to use.

Charlie