[AT] fuel transfer pumps

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Tue Jun 14 04:04:56 PDT 2016

I've never owned one but have been around and used many 12 V, "back of the truck" type pumps. These always seemed bulletproof to me. Maybe buy the 12 V pump,  a battery and a trickle charger?   All three are probably roughly the same cost as the 120V.

Another idea:    many many many years ago(so I don't remember exactly how they did it), a grading firm  had a series of cut off valves, T fittings, hoses and quick connects to allow the truck pump to suck off of a stationary tank when needed to fill the truck tank.  Maybe put a tank and the pump on your truck and use it as a mobil pump station and don't even buy one for the stationary tank?

Then again, you were talking to a guy who's diesel tank was installed 6 feet high so  I could let gravity do the work and not buy a pump. :-)

Spencer Yost