[AT] Allis Chalmers

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Jun 12 19:47:44 PDT 2016

It has 2 buttons in the floor to shift from high to low in each gear.
There is a lever on the right against the side of the cab that has the
high and low and park. The park does not work on this tractor, as the
lever is very loose.  The adjustment on the clutch is a the back of the
engine, but is covered up with the insulation I used to stop the heat
from coming into the cab.  When the tractor is not being used, I am
working on another priority project, or when I try to work on anything
in the cab, I have to literally lay on my side to get in the door down
near the floor.  It is a very powerful tractor, and gets good fuel
"mileage", but whoever was stupid enough to make such a small access
door and also only make one door should have been neutered with a dull
knife.  My 2-105 White is still out of commission until I can get the
tires to stop slipping on the rim. I think I am going to pump out what
fluid I can get out of the tire/tube, and put a valve in the rim and run
it tubeless.  That way it won't pull the valve out of the tube.  The
White does not have the power the Allis does, nor does it have the
volume on the hydraulics but it will pull the swather.  I really need
the White on the bat wing mower, but the 2 speed PTO is stuck in 1000
RPM. It is a 2 day job to remove the PTO to repair it.   I would use the
New Holland, but changing implements, especially ones with the Constant
velocity joint in the front end is really a bear.   If i could get a few
days with lower temperature and humidity, I might be able to catch up.
The heat and humidity has become too much for me this summer.  I had a
good shade tree to work under, but Mother Nature could not stand that
and gave us an ice storm that broke every limb on the North side of the
trees.  A shade on the south side of the tree is not much help in this
country.  The shop building is too hot to work in to get cleaned out to
be able to get a tractor in.  I also hate to weld anything inside the
shop as there have been too many shops burned to the ground from welding
sparks...

Cecil in OKla