[AT] FW: Slightly Off Topic

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Sun Jul 17 21:03:31 PDT 2016

Or this which is 4 lbs lighter and you don't run out of power when you
need it most.  4 lbs doesn't sound like much until you have to lug it
around all day.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/ECHO-14-in-30-5cc-Gas-Chainsaw-CS-310-14/100675457

On 7/17/2016 11:43 PM, Dave wrote:
> I bought this one about 2 years ago, and have been very pleased with it. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Greenworks-G-MAX-16-in-40-Volt-DigiPro-Brushless-Electric-Chainsaw-Battery-and-Charger-Not-Included-GW20322/205336459?cm_mmc=shopping-_-bingpa-_-28-_-205336459&ci_src=328768002&ci_sku=205336459&gclid=CPirtJGK_M0CFRIEgQodHoAF4A&gclsrc=ds GreenWorks also makes a more powerful model http://www.amleo.com/greenworks-pro-80v-li-ion-cordless-18in-chainsaw-tool-only/p/GCS450/?kc=bgshop16p&mkwid=sjwRuHjb&pcrid={creative} which might be better suited for some applications.
> 	Dave
>
> On Jul 17, 2016, at 10:05 PM, Dick Day wrote:
>
>> I used to use gas chain saws but found that I just could not handle the
>> weight. I find that the electric saws are much easier to handle/safer.
>> Many years ago, a list member (cannot remember who) bought my Stilh gas saw.
>>
>> I have been looking at the battery saws. There are quite a few on the
>> market now.  One day I may change to one.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 8:23 PM, John Hall <jtchall at nc.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I use an electric pole saw and generator to trim around my fields--I
>>> always drive in a ground rod. If you aren't having much luck with a
>>> ground rod, consider buying a gasoline chainsaw or a battery powered
>>> model. Some of the battery powered stuff is getting to be pretty good
>>> quality. Regarding a gasoline saw, a cheap major brand would suit your