[AT] "discontinued" parts - Re: AT Digest, Vol 149, Issue 17

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Jul 28 05:24:35 PDT 2016

That seems to verify the weight rating.   We bought a 58 GMC from a
neighbor some years back.  It had a 350 Chevrolet engine installed to
replace the old 350 v-8 (348 Chevy)  It was what we used o call a light
duty 1-1/2 ton. Best bet would be to find another axle at a salvage
yard.   IHC did not change in dimensions over the years until Navistar
bought them, and then only in the body and cab parts.  I have installed
rear axles from the 90's into IHC trucks of the 70's.  I probably have a
front axle from an 1800 Loadstar that would work.  The freight would be
more than the truck though.
Cecil in OKla