[AT] "discontinued" parts - Re: AT Digest, Vol 149, Issue 17

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Jul 27 18:49:58 PDT 2016

That was the lightest front axle rating of the 1600 Loadstar trucks.
Thus the reason one cannot find any of the drums available.  It is a
4700lb axle.  I suppose that would be the rating of a 7.50x20 tire back
then.  I just looked up a 7.50x20 bias ply tire from Coker tire, the
classic tire supplier, and their rating for that tire was 3530lbs.
Nebraska Tire has some 7.00R 20 hwy truck tires, with a load rating of
3750lbs per tire.  That axle weight rating is less than the 3/4 ton
pickups of the late 60 and early 70's...

Cecil in OKla