[AT] Also Slightly Off Topic,Car with blue light power trouble

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 09:31:47 PDT 2016

Carl Gogol, the original poster, stated:

"Dealer wants at least $200 to install an additional aux outlet run direct
from battery.  I don't really like the idea of drilling through the fire
wall ripping up the carpet to the back seat area where the chosen outlet
already exists."

Steve W. provided a pretty slick way to power that existing outlet, without
ripping up any carpet, without needing to buy another accessory outlet, or
any other drawbacks:

"Make a 20 amp fused jumper wire. One end a ring terminal for the power stud,
other end a tab that will plug into the fuse panel.  Look at the instrument
panel fuse block and you should have 2-3 fuses for power outlets. Pull them
till the power outlet you want goes off. Take a test light and determine
which side has power with the key on. The other side will be the power to
the socket. Run the fused lead through an available hole in the firewall
and plug the fused jumper into that side."

SO