[AT] Baling hay pictures

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Jul 24 09:21:02 PDT 2016

"IHC parts are a pain."

Back in my truck driving days a friend of mine had an IH Loadstar COE road
tractor.
It had a 290 Cummins diesel and a Fuller 10 speed transmission.  You could
buy that
engine and transmission package from the factory for anything from a
Brockway to
a Peterbuilt and off the shelf parts would fit EXCEPT for the IH trucks.  IH
had them
built (the transmissions anyway) to their specs.

My friend had to rebuild his transmission.  The bearings and races from the
Heavy Duty Truck parts
house would not work.  He had to buy them directly from IH for about 4 to 5
times the money.
They weren't heavier or better, they were just different and non standard.
You could not go to a
bearing supply house or manufacturer and buy them.  They had to come from
IH.  They might
be made by TIMKEN or MOOG or whom ever but they weren't the same and had to
be bought from IH.
A similar thing is true for OMC stern drive units for boats.  You can buy
the bearings off the shelf from
any bearing supply house but the seals are not available.  They have to come
from OMC at a big premium.

Charlie