[AT] Baling hay pictures

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Jul 24 08:54:02 PDT 2016

Tom,  that looks a lot like the one my grandfather had.
If I had to bet I'd say it was the same.  If not the same model
at least from the same time period.

He loaned it to a neighbor and it jammed up way out in a
field.  The neighbor went and got granddaddy to come and fix it.
They walked a long ways from the truck to the baler.  Granddaddy
reached in the baler to try and clear it not knowing exactly what happened.
The baler sowed a loop of baling wire through his right hand cutting two
finger bones in two and cutting off the last joint of his right thumb.  Then
the
farmer had to leave him there alone while he made his way back to the truck
and drove several miles to get help and tools to take the baler apart and
get
his hand out.

That's what being a good neighbor costs you sometimes!

Charlie