[AT] Baling hay pictures

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Sat Jul 23 17:08:02 PDT 2016

On the subject of no. 55 balers, I have not seen a pto driven one but it
could have been done. The no. 56 baler was very close to the 55 with a
few changes, one being PTO drive as an option; engine drive was the
norm. The way they did it was to place a right angle gearbox in the
front of the baler. The gearbox had a flat pulley on the end and then to
the flat belt which went to the big flywheel.  I could only find one
picture. Google: IH no. 56 baler;
  then when it comes up it will show images on the top. Just below the
images it will say ( more images ) , click on that and I think it is the
third row down will show the PTO drive and as they say- a picture is
worth a thousand words.
              Greg Hass