[AT] Baling hay pictures

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Jul 23 10:14:41 PDT 2016

Be thankful you are not working on an IHC truck.    My old OK hwy dept
truck overheated the left front brake rotor and caught fire, twice...
I got rebuilt calipers, $164 + $126 core charge, hoses, and pads.  pads
were wrong, but old ones were like new.  Hoses were 2 inches 2 short,
It required the $35 hoses instead of the $15 ones, so a trip back to the
parts house.  The truck is a medium duty with a 12000 front axle, 24000
rear axle and hydraulic disc brakes.   When I bent down to work on the
right brake, my knee hit the plastic window on the hub cap, and another
trip to the parts house for new hub caps, $50.  These are pressed steel
and  don't have the plastic window.  It has been 8 years and 4000mi
since the oil was changed, so I looked up the oil and fuel filters, and
ordered them after confirming with Wix filter website.    Picked up
filters, $25,  when I returned the caliper cores.  Drained oil yesterday
morning while it was not yet 90deg, and removed oil filters and took
sample for analysis. Tried new oil filter and it did not thread easily,
cleaned old filter, found that numbers were different.   Looked up both
filters on wix website and found that new ones should fit, same thread.
Got oil changed this morning.  Tried to install fuel filter and found a
big difference in filters.  Reinstalled old fuel filter.  Finished
greasing driveline and bumped into muffler.  Muffler split in two and
missing the outlet pipe.  New muffler needed, this truck hauls dry hay
and is in dry fields. Order Muffler $140 w/tax, and try to find Elbow to
fit outlet of muffler (4in.) so exhaust does not blow onto axle.   Have
to order elbow since no one has one in stock.  Fuel filter has to be
ordered also.  Nothing that is listed to fit this truck is what fits
it.  Since the weather is hot and humid, I only have about 3 hours a day
to work on this.  Maybe I can get the hay hauled tomorrow afternoon..
Been working on this for a week.   The money from the sale of the hay I
need this truck for will just cover the rental on the field and the
parts on the truck..

Cecil in oKla