[AT] Baling hay pictures

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Fri Jul 22 08:13:36 PDT 2016

Great pics everyone.   I wish I had a crawler.

Ralph's post reminded me to give an update.  As you folks may have remember, I was trying to figure out why my driveline rattled so bad whenever I was making a turn with my haybine and my baler. In both cases I was not able to make turns that I feel like I should  have been able to make.

I think I finally figured it out though.  The haybine requires a hitch point 13 to 17 inches above the ground. I need to keep it closer to 17 to maintain the amount mount of spring suspension on the head needed to maintain the  recommended 80lbs lift.    At 16 inches, The manual also suggests that the PTO shaft be 8 inches above the hitch point. The PTO shaft is barely above the hitch point at 16" (is currently 2"). So basically with the Ford tractor you end up with two mutually exclusive specifications.   There is a noticeable downward angle to the PTO shaft if I have the hitch point right for the head.  If I have the PTO shaft right, I have a bulldozer for a cutting head.   I suspect I have the same problem with the baler, but I'll see  tomorrow when I bale hay.

This would also explain why I did not have any trouble with my international equipment, because when I ran that equipment I ran it with an Oliver 77 diesel. That PTO shaft was a good bit higher.

Just wanted to give an update,

Spencer Yost