[AT] Off Topic not intended to be political

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Jul 22 08:37:00 PDT 2016

On 7/22/2016 9:11 AM, charlie hill wrote:
> Thanks Ralph,
>
> Marketing is always tricky but generally speaking we are all better
> off without the government in our businesses.
>
> 82?  Ralph some nights it doesn't get down to 82 here.  It's been in the
> mid to high 90's every day for close to a month now!  Heat index most days
> at or above 100.
>
> Charlie
If we had that kind of heat for long I don't think I'd ever get much
done outside the house.
On the govt. marketing boards, I guess it varies but we had it pretty
good back in the sixties
and seventies with the dairy quota system. Government paid a subsidy on
all we produced
up to a point. Each had a quota and when you retired that quota could be
sold to another
producer for pretty good money. Those cream cheques bought a lot of
groceries for the family
back then. I wouldn't want the job now but back then we didn't know any
better.

Ralph in Sask.