[AT] Off Topic not intended to be political

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu Jul 21 10:01:55 PDT 2016

Steve:
You are right.     The other thing that prevents us from having more
farmers is that a farmer cannot make a living on a quarter section
anymore.  Due to the low price of food in America, it takes many acres
to keep a farmer going.   The american public spends such a small
percentage of their paycheck for food compared to other nations.  The
price of food has been artificially depressed for 50 years by subsidies
in order to allow the other industries to prosper.  It is a vicious
circle.  Without the subsidies, the price of food would probably be 50%
of the american public's earnings.   What would happen to all the other
industries if that  occurred?

Cecil in OKla