[AT] FW: Slightly Off Topic

Dan Glass dglass at numail.org
Wed Jul 20 05:05:14 PDT 2016

I may be preaching to the choir but I have found with any of these small
engines the carburetors are the first thing to go because of the bad gas
available and it hasn't been economically feasible to replace them.  I
was looking around on Amazon for something and I saw a replacement  carb
for Stihl weedeater for $8.50 with free shipping.  I looked around in my
junk weedeater/chainsaw pile and ordered the appropriate carb for one of
the weedeaters. It came in and it was even the same brand that was on
the engine. I put it on, put gas in it and with a couple of pulls it
started right up and ran like new.  I went back to the junk pile and
pulled out a couple more and ordered carbs for them.  I think the most
expensive one I ordered was about $12. Installed them on the weedeater
and chainsaw and they started right up and ran great.  I don't know what
made the prices come down so much but it makes it much more practical to
get the old saws running again.  I also replaced a carb on a RedMax
blower and it also works great.