[AT] new to me baler

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Jul 18 05:24:14 PDT 2016

A neighbor has a JD 24W baler that I have pulled a few times.  I
borrowed it one time to bale some bermuda grass during the drought when
small bales of Bermuda were selling for $10 ea in the field.  It had
bands nearly 5 inches wide.  It was also missing 4 of the bands in the
pickup.   It was so old the pickup was very narrow, so I had to rake the
hay nearly into a rope and make sure the knives were sharp so it could
cut the hay rope.

At 6:30 am on a Sat Morning, I put an ad on Craigslist for $8/bale
telling the location and I was baling in the field.  I started baling at
7am.   At 5pm that evening, I had a flat on the tractor, but I had $2500
in cash and checks in my pocket!!!   I tried that again the next year
and had nothing.  The horse hay market had crashed.   No one could
afford Horses here...

Cecil in OKla