[AT] FW: Slightly Off Topic

DDSS, Inc. ddss at telebeep.com
Sun Jul 17 17:35:37 PDT 2016

Tractor related...  The JD 60 in the attachments is the first tractor I ever
restored. It's a 1952.  Originally from Baltimore, we never had much need
for a tractor :)  When we moved to Nebraska I eventually decided to see if I
could restore one.  When I bought this JD in 1996, I had never even changed
the oil in my car.  My wife just knew that we would eventually need to hire
someone to use their payloader to haul the pieces away.  It took me 36
months and a lot of Coor's Lite to get it done.  I ordered the owner's
manual, service manual and parts manual.  I learned to weld, do body work,
use a cutting torch and to paint.

Since that one, I had other people ask me to restore tractors for them.
Not sure how many remember Rodger Welsch from the list, but I did an Allis
Chalmers G and a John Deere B for him.

I've reached a point that I can no longer get up on the 60, so I gave it to
a son In Chicago, I'm hoping he'll be able to pick it up before winter sets
in.

Sort of Tractor related...  The other attachment shows my 15 year old
Generac generator that I converted to Propane.  As you see, it's on a
carry-all on the back of my Boomer.  We have about 6 acres in trees and a
lot of it is Cottonwood.   They grow in clusters and during the summer, I
will go in and thin them out.  That becomes firewood for the next winter.
I use an 18" electric chain saw, hence the need for a generator.

Question... where we live is all sand, it's like living at the beach.  Even
in the woods, it's all sand.  To get a sufficient ground for the fencer, I
had to put four 6-foot grounding rods in the ground.  I know I'm supposed to
have some sort of ground when using the generator.   The chain saw has a
2-prong plug and has an all plastic housing.  The generator does not have a
GFI outlet.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Thanks

D. Day